TEFL Certificate (4 weeks)
|TEFL Certificate (4 weeks)||November 27, 2017 - Monday - Thursday 9am to 4pm||Course Fee $1,970.00|
|TEFL Certificate (4 weeks)||January 15, 2018 - Monday - Thursday 9am to 4pm||Course Fee $1,970.00|
TEFL Certificate (12 weeks)
|TEFL Certificate (12 weeks)||January 20, 2018 - Saturday||Course Fee $1,970.00
Registration Fee $50.00
Teach English Around the World
Teaching English is a respected profession at home and abroad. A career teaching English as a Second Language or Foreign Language can be pursued after college, retirement or at any stage in life. English is the preferred language of the constantly expanding global communication network. The worldwide demand for English language teachers and trainers is increasing rapidly. The most desirable English teaching positions are awarded to the most qualified candidates, and today a TEFL Certificate is a valuable qualification that is recognized around the world.
TEFL Certificate Course: 120 hours
The TEFL Certificate course offered by the TEFL Academy of Arizona in Scottsdale, Arizona consists entirely of classroom instruction, and it is not administered online. Teacher-trainees benefit from the attention of professional trainers in a small class environment. Trainees have the opportunity to interact one-on-one with the professional TEFL trainer gaining invaluable experience planning lessons and practice-teaching.
The course is taught by experienced TEFL Certified instructors with a University Degree and a specialization in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages at home and overseas.
Courses are offered throughout the year and course enrollment is limited to 6 teacher-trainees. In order to earn the Certificate, teacher-trainees must attend and participate in all course modules, successfully practice-teach a minimum of 6 classroom hours to actual ESL students at the TEFL Academy of Arizona and observe experienced ESL instructors in the classroom. All graduates receive a letter of recommendation from the TEFL Academy of Arizona and valuable career support.
Course Applicants Should:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a native English speaker
- Have some experience studying a foreign language
- Complete a grammar task
- Complete a personal interview
Previous teaching experience is an asset, but it is not a requirement for acceptance into the TEFL Academy of Arizona’s TEFL Certificate Course.
- Intensive college-level classroom instruction
- Effective Teacher Training
- Educational Theory
- Testing and Evaluating Adult ESL Students
- Needs of Diverse Adult Learners in Your Classroom
- Second Language Acquisition
- Cultural Sensitivity in the Classroom
- Teaching in a Multicultural Setting
- Lesson Planning
- Teaching English Grammar, Writing, Reading
- Pronunciation, Idioms and Expressions
- Sample Lessons
- Finding and Using ESL Teaching Resources
- Teaching Practicum in Adult Student Classroom
- Instructor Feedback and Peer Evaluations
- Overseas Job Placement Counseling
TESOL, TESL, and TEFL are terms that are interchangeable depending upon the specific region in the world where English is taught.
- TEFL Teacher of English as a Foreign Language
- TESOL Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- TESL Teacher of English as a Second Language
At the successful completion of the TEFL Certificate training course at the TEFL Academy of Arizona, graduates will receive a TEFL Certificate, recognized around the world to include all components of TESOL, TESL and TEFL teacher training.
Upon graduation from the TEFL Academy of Arizona course, trainees will have
- Acquired essential knowledge about the English language and English grammar
- Developed a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
- Learned how to lead a communicative, student-centered class
- Gained confidence to teach English to speakers of other languages
Call or email for an application.