Choosing the best TEFL Certificate course can be confusing and even frustrating. With so many different options available- online, in-class, in-class AND online, 30 hours, 60 hours, 80 hours, 120 hours! -it really does take time to consider all the variables. Because this is an important step in your decision process, we have outlined below important points for any future TEFL Certificate trainee to consider during the course evaluation process. Prospective students are encouraged to research and select the course that embodies the standards that potential international employers prefer, namely an in-class TEFL Certificate Course of 100-120 hours – essential to understanding the principles of teaching ESL.
Online courses, crash courses and weekend seminars provide general knowledge of TEFL teaching but they lack some important trainee experiences that the TEFL Academy of Arizona offers.
- Our teachers-in-training prepare for the real classroom experience –by interacting with real ESL students utilizing what has been learned and shared among peers in the TEFL training classroom
- We provide evaluation and feedback from trainers and peers to improve teaching techniques and to gain confidence.
- Observed and evaluated practice-teaching hours (minimum of six hours) teaching real ESL adult students at the Arizona Language Center provides experience that is vital to trainee growth and the development of confidence in the ESL classroom.
- Observing experienced ESL teachers in their classrooms encourages different teaching styles and offers the trainee the valuable opportunity to interact with the ESL teachers.
- An important feature of our course is the personal interaction in the TEFL Academy’s training classroom with our experienced TEFL instructors in a small group environment of not more than six TEFL trainees.
- Candidates looking for a TEFL Certificate Course would be wise to contact prospective employers to confirm that the course they plan to follow will bring them the desired results in the international workplace and provide them with the opportunity that they seek because no single, autonomous, international body governs, accredits or oversees all the various TEFL
- Certificate Courses that are available around the world.